Tuesday 11 July 2017

Part 8: Cove & Yew Part 2

Before leaving Minoc, we explored the abandoned mine north of town, but didn't find much other than some more serpent venom.

We then returned to Britain to sell our venom and exchange our gold, and our pockets were overflowing with coin. We returned to Nystal and bought every spell he had on offer. My spell book is almost full at this point - there are only six spells left to learn.

The Shrine of Compassion in Cove was our first stop. We spoke to Nastassia and told her what we learned of her father - that he sacrificed himself to save the emps. A weight lifted from her, and she kissed me again.

Next up we returned to Yew. Firstly, to the Empath Abbey where we used our Unlock Magic spell to visit the great mage Nicodemus. Like all the other mages, he had gone completely mad and claims his spells no longer worked as expected. It would be good to speak to him again once I sort out whatever is happening with the ether.

We then went to the abbey and spoke with Taylor about the wisps. He told me that they live near the emps in Yew Forest, and that the emps can speak to them. He told me that the emps like honey - all of these things I already knew, but hopefully this time it will trigger the right conversations when I return to the emps.

Luckily, it worked. When I went back to Trellek I had the option to tell him his wife won't give permission. He had an idea - to create me a whistle to call them. This whistle imitates the call made by the emps to talk to the wisps.

I took the whistle with me to the abandoned building the wisps hang around. I blew it, and a wisp approached me, confused that I was not Trellek.

The wisp who approached me calls itself "Xornia" and the collective wisps 'government' that seeks out information is called the "Undrian Council". It's not clear to me if Xornia is an individual or a collective or all wisps on Britannia. Wisps only care about one thing - information. Immediately Xornia made an offer to exchange information. In order to find out how to gain an audience with the Time Lord I must obtain the information contained within the notebook of a man named Alagner who is in New Magincia. The wisps consider him the wisest man in Britannia.

I now have a few of options. I could go to Paws to follow the trail of Elizabeth and Abraham. I could also go to New Magincia to find Alagner. Joining The Fellowship is also important (in Britain). And I am supposed to visit the observatory in Moonglow.

Before continuing on my journey I decided to make a quick trip to the city of valor, Jhelom, to pick up the final member of of our party - Dupre. He was predictably, at the pub:


Dupre is one of the three great companions of the Avatar. He is a bit of a drunkard, but he's good value. He's been traveling Britannia doing 'research' on the various ale houses of the realm. However, he is an anointed knight and will be a valuable member of our party.

Our party is complete! Next time we will travel to the poverty stricken town of Paws to seek out Elizabeth and Abraham, and help out the people there if possible.




No comments:

Post a Comment